Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"Obama, Obama"




I am a bit pessimistic when it comes to political views and debates. That is the Leo in me. I like to take a situation and critique it and go against the grain. So when my coworkers indulged in a conversation about the presidential election and the possibilities of a BLACK president hitting the oval office, I was snarling waiting for my plan of attack. When I first heard the news of this Barack Obama I was like who in the he!# would elect this man with a name like that. Remembering I made this statement or assumption of him before I even took the time out to observe the guy. That is how I am in life. When I first hear about a person or meet them I automatically guard up. In this situation I felt as though a black man might not be ready for the pressures of this world at this particular time. Exspecially since the anti-christ George Bush made it such a hard road for us these last 8 years. I didn't want this man to be a poster child for "THE BLACK MAN THAT FUCKED UP THE ECONOMY". Excuse my french. You know the other color man will try to find a way to make us look like a fool. Throughout the election I made my cynical remarks and continued on believing that Barack was not the man for the job. Looking at his black lips and his "how do I say it" politically incorrect demeanor, I began to look at him as a joke. UNTIL, I saw my first debate. Boyyyy! It was like an action movie. Up and down, hot and cold. Then here comes Obama with his witty remarks and his hood antics. I was like WOW!!! this man is black, intelligent and fiesty. This is my kind of man. As I listened to his speech after he defeated McCain I was moved. It felt like a Martin Luther King moment. It felt like history repeating itself in a way like no other. We have a black president. This is a moment my grandparents dreamed of. I saw my gma smile and I looked at my life remembering the most influential portion of his speech "YES WE CAN"

Now write that in the history books. I know other persuasions are mad that they have to edit those textbooks and add a black man to it.....LOL!!!

1 comment:

Me said...

Girl...I was sprung on him years ago when he gave a speech at one of those damn conventions. It is like he came out of nowhere and moved everyone.