Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fairweather Friends

OBSERVATION 101: I have never been one to have many friends. I am just not into having to deal with too many personalities all at once. It takes patience to deal with people and there burdens and excess baggage, therefore I limit my relationships. God is still working with me on my "patience" issues. It takes a great deal of effort and time to break down boundries. The bible tells us that we are transformed by the renewing of our minds. If the people that you associate yourself with constantly bring you down and stunt your growth, then you may want to re-evaluate your circumstances. Friends are there to feed you, empower you and assist with your growth. Proverbs 18:24 states: "A man/woman of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 13:20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. **If God is trying to wean people out of your life...LET HIM!!! If you will allow God to prune out the people that He does not want you to have in your life – then what He will start to do is to bring in the people that He will want to have in your life.

1 comment:

BareFoot Countessa said...

Amen...every year I think it's imperative we purge some people out of our lives. Not all people are supposed to come on your life journey with you.